Warm Home Discount
Our Warm Home Discount
scheme is OPEN
What is the Warm Home Discount?
The Warm Home Discount is a government scheme introduced to help tackle fuel poverty.
If you are eligible you could get £140 towards your energy bill this winter.
There are two ways that you can qualify for the £140 Warm Home Discount:
- The Core Group
- The Broader Group
If you were an Avro Energy electricity customer on 07th July 2019 and receive the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit then you are eligible for the Core Group.
Core Group customers do not need to apply for the discount. Instead, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) will send you a letter between October–December 2019 to let you know what to do next.
If you don’t meet the criteria for the Core Group then you may be eligible for the Broader Group.
Broader Group — APPLY TODAY!
The Broader Group allows us to help even more of our customers this winter.
If you are on a low household income or receive certain means tested benefits and are elderly, disabled or have dependent children then you may be eligible.
Eligible customers must apply for the Broader Group and we may ask you to provide documentary evidence to support your application.
Rebates will be awarded to eligible applicants on a first come first served basis.APPLY TODAY
Everything else you need to know about the Warm Home Discount
How do I apply for the Broader Group?
We have a limited number of rebates available and they will be awarded on a first come first served basis. If you are eligible, then please apply today!
What is the Broader Group eligibility criteria?
To be eligible, the Avro Energy account holder or their partner must meet at least one of the following criteria in both Sections A and B.
- Receive the Savings Element of Pension Credit only
- Receive Income Related Employment Support Allowance (ESA)
- Receive Income Based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Receive Income Support
- Receive Universal Credit and have earned income between zero and £1,349 in at least one of the last twelve assessment periods
- Receive a Council Tax Reduction (excludes 25% single occupancy discount)
- Receive Child Tax Credit by virtue of an award based on an annual income not exceeding £16,190
- Receive Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross household income of £16,190 or less
- Have an annual gross household income of £16,190 or less
- Have a child permanently living in the property who is aged 5 years or under
- Have a child permanently living in the property who is aged between 6 and 18 years and is in full time education
- Are aged over 64
- Receive a Disabled Worker Element or Severe Disability Element, Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payments, Carer’s Allowance or Attendance Allowance
- Hold a valid Maternity Exemption Certificate
- Hold a valid Medical Exemption Card
- Receive a work related activity or support component of Employment Support Allowance
- Receive the limited capability for work element of Universal Credit
When will the rebate be paid?
For successful applicants, the Warm Home Discount rebate will be credited to your Avro energy account by 31st March 2020.
What happens if I switch supplier or move home before my Broader Group rebate is paid?
If you switch electricity supplier or move home before the Broader Group rebate is paid, you will no longer be eligible to receive the Warm Home Discount from Avro. You will need to reapply for the Warm Home Discount with your new supplier.
Please note: Not all suppliers offer the Warm Home Discount and other suppliers may have different eligibility criteria or may already be closed to new applications.