If you think you can smell gas or you have a gas leak call 0800 111 999 and —
- Do not smoke, light a match or use any other kind of naked flame.
- Do not turn light switches on or off, use doorbells, mobile phones or any other electrical switches.
- Open all doors and windows to let the gas escape.
- Check your gas appliances are switched off.
- Call the 24 hour National Gas Emergency hotline on 0800 111 999.
- If possible and safe, turn the gas supply off at the meter.
If you are worried that fumes containing carbon monoxide are escaping from a gas appliance, please call the same number —0800 111 999.
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.